Thursday, March 28, 2019

Climbing the Tree



Several years ago my nephew Jim, using genealogy, explored our family tree.  He found a long lost cousin.  Joel turned out to be an attorney in LA associated with some very famous murder trials.

Now, Marguerite is time traveling with the Ancestry people.  On my mother's side she has traced us back to a castle in Sweden.  But her latest discovery would surely delight Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and whoever else cares about this stuff.

If you go back three or four generations on my father's branch of the family tree, you end up in a small town in Russia.  If you do the same climb on Marguerite's father's side, you end up in the very same town!

When she told me, I said: "Maybe when I met Jay, my DNA recognized his DNA and it was enough to seal the deal."


1 comment:

  1. My girlfriend just gave me a "23 and Me" ancestry kit. I have always believed I was of German and Bohemian descent - it will be interesting to see what this kit comes up with.

    ReplyDelete