Friday, May 7, 2021

Clean Windows

 


John Bachtell, my second favorite Communist (yes, Shelby, you're still No. 1), posted some pix of those brave heroes washing his windows.  It's Spring!  So, the men (so far it's only been men) will also be arriving soon outside my apartment on the 26th floor.

I am in awe of them swaying on their tiny slings.  They will even wave back with their free hand.  It reminds me of the famous photo of the men eating their lunch as they are perched on that slender beam above NY city miles below.

After 9/11 there was a wonderful story on NPR about the tribe of Indians from Canada who sent their members to build the twin towers.  I wonder if my window washers belong to a tribe or a family with an unusual set of genes.  Like the flying Walendas.

No matter.  That's not necessary.  They are wonderful.  I, and everyone who visits me, loves my glorious view. Made even more sparkling because of their amazing visits.



1 comment: