Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Liddy and Judy

 



The death of G. Gordon Liddy brought back memories of my friend Judy Wax.  I was intrigued and inspired when she became a writer well into middle age.  Her piece about her son, who had gone to India with a cult, was picked up by the New York Times.  I heard her interviewed by Studs Terkel about her new career, including a poem titled The Love Song of G. Gordon Liddy, published in Time magazine. I still have a copy of her book Starting in the Middle.  Her story spoke directly to me.

She was on her way to a booksellers convention in Los Angeles when she was killed in the plane crash at O'Hare.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she was a kindred spirit in your life, Joan. Even at a distance in time, condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how interesting, and how sad she died in that tragic manner.

    ReplyDelete