Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Burned Away









It’s been warm so far so I haven’t had to wear my toughest fur.  It’s the bulky, long haired one which has kept me comfortable at whatever temperature Chicago has thrown my way.  My beautiful blue fur has a pretty big tear in the back.  I’m not complaining. It’s been so good to me for more than 30 years. As back up, I have my mother’s mink jacket.  I was thinking of selling it recently, but it wouldn’t bring a price worth it’s sentimental value.

When it became a “thing”, I didn’t pay any attention to people who questioned my devotion to my furs.  It was always way down on my list of issues.  But now, when I read of the dead animals in Australia (did it actually say “billions”?), I weep for them and the ones in my closet.  

Do we deserve to be served so well?  We, who ignite the fires?

No comments:

Post a Comment