Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Et tu Serena?




Did you get to see Serena in her green "onesie" at the Australian Open?  She was looking every bit the amazon woman we have loved for so long. If not, you'll have to catch her on replay because she  lost to a great opponent: Karolina Pliskova.

Or was it Father Time who did her in?  I hope not.  Not yet.  I just want a few more of those aces at crucial points . . .  that ferocious stare.

My favorites are moving slowing off the court.  But I  had favorites before them: Agassi, Billy Jean.

Right now, I hope Nadal goes all the way down under.  And, a few more times before "final" becomes final.




2 comments:

  1. Although this poem by A.E. Housman will not lift one's spirits, it is worth reading and fits the topic: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46452/to-an-athlete-dying-young

    ReplyDelete