Sunday, October 10, 2021

Still Learning

 



Natalie has invited me to read along with her for one of her college classes.  I ordered the book from the library.  I hope my mind hasn’t wandered too long in the mush of mysteries and relationships.  I’m just going to have to put my teeth back in my mouth so I can chew on the hard stuff.


When I told my friend Gerry about Natalie’s generosity, he mentioned his friend who had just retired as a professor at her school.  Which sent me thinking about academia.  A few years ago, another professor, my ex-husband’s daughter Laura Kipnis, wrote an article about sex wars on her campus.  It created quite a buzz.  Recently, I watched the Netflix show, The Chair. The story seems like it might be the way things are today.


Natalie is organizing a philosophy club.  I told her my favorite philosophers are the stoics.  And Camus.  That seems about right for now.

3 comments:

  1. What book are you and Natalie reading??? Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is Dreamworld and Catastrophe by Susan Buck Morss.

      Delete
  2. Will you join her philosophy club, too???? so cool..

    ReplyDelete