Saturday, August 24, 2019

McMean



"There's nothing worse than a bad boss,"  I cried.  I was in the drive-thru (yes, I've succumbed to their spelling) at my local McDonald's.  One of the pleasures of stopping at the window to pay is "oh-ing and ah-ing" over the marvelous nails on the girls.

Colors I never saw before.  Sparkles.  Once, red, white and blue on July 4th.

So I was startled and disappointed today when my favorite nail model handed me my change with short, colorless stubs (like mine.)  "What happened?"  "The new boss says no nails, no polish or we get fined."

Okay, maybe the boss was thinking about germs under the long talons.  More likely, she was just jealous or mean.

Another tiny light goes dark.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, how do you know the boss was a woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine one might be able to check on whether this is a corporate policy or just another example of petty dictatorship. Either way, unfortunate, but a nice "slice of life" blog, Joan.

    ReplyDelete