Wednesday, May 22, 2019

He Might Have Said "Yes."



I blame it on the potholes.  The torn up roads everywhere.  That "oh, oh" moment when you realize you have a flat tire.  I was lucky because it could have happened anywhere but it happened in my garage.  Mario gave me enough air to get me to a tire store and a warning to get there right away.

I have a long and loving history with tires.  It was the family business when I was a child and my uncles had stepped in to love me when my father had died too soon.  When we visited their stores, my uncle Jay would let me go back into the warehouse.  That is where the big black mountains were.  Hundreds of tires all the way up to the ceiling.  The best part was the smell.

The guy at the tire store the other day was friendly.  I wonder what he would have done if I had asked him to let me take a peek in the warehouse.  I should have asked him.  Maybe he would have said: "Yes."

2 comments:

  1. Very evocative. Like a teaser. Could make a good short story. Thanks, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above. And, such a nice memory.

    ReplyDelete